Why dont we just connect with the planet? deep in our souls. Drive -or better yet walk- through a forest. You will see trees dieing and trees growing. Sometimes you will even see them breaking the earths soil, coming out for there first breath of air, and first sight at the suns rays.Think about trees, for a moment. They very slowely grow up and grow old. All close together, roots interlocking with eachother, grounding eachother- but there all different- but still growing side by side. Living on and on. In many ways, we are like trees. But do you see them trying to hurt one another
? sure, you see some vines, but they live on with the trees, sometimes pulling them down to make room for more trees to grow and live on. we all have our own paths to walk on this earth.
interweaving with others-the roots of our lives. Making our own impact on one another. So do trees.
Ill tell you a secret. Sometimes i feel like i can feel the earth breathing-its vibrations. Some times they are painful- painful for what is going on with us. Its creation hurting it. But other times-Most of the time really- its pure love. So listen. Not with your ears-with your heart. Hug a tree. Sometimes when im out climbing with my team, i hug the rock. Its cold and beatiful. I want to connect with it- my breathing slows- as i breathe in and out with it. Yes- you did just hear me say the rocks breathe. There alive too-along with this earth-there all connected to it and eachother. True- only some people can hear the earth and its beat-but only some people are listening to it. So take sometime-sometime soon-to listen and see the earth for what it really is. figure it out for yourselves. breathe in and out with the earth, in rythem,and in peace.
let go of things that hurt-things that are keeping your seed from growing in side you and blooming. keep the seed alive-dont let your light die off. be happy. be peaceful. bloom. grow towards your dreams. be alive.
-zoe

When it comes to questions like these, I tend to follow Descartes methods. We have to erase everything from our minds and start over again. We have to question everything. We have to prove things from a logical perspective. How do I know other people exist? I don't. How do I know the colors I am perceiving really exist? I don't. I live my life with these uncertainties but this is only because I am not quite sure how to prove them. The only thing I can prove is that I exist, and this is done through lots of thinking. If i said, "I don't think i exist," then who is doing the doubting!? SOMETHING has to be doing the doubting. I do not prove I exist through perceiving myself, but by the simple idea that I am THINKING. "I think, therefore I exist." It can be hard not to rely on the senses when we are using them constantly. Who really knows if this is one big dream!?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to see the rest of this post. The above comment was what I replied to your shortened facebook status.
I love this post. It is very well written and very thought provoking. Thank you.
I think about this often. Very often.
Nature is truly where we can find examples of how we should be living.
I understand you on the earth breathing! Whenever I am on climbing trips, you better believe that I am talking to those rocks and those trees! If you think about it, you truly are dancing with the rock! Connecting with it! You have to be gentle.
And when you finally send something, you can feel that connection. You can feel yourself flowing with the rock. You and the rock become ONE and its absolutely beautiful and blissful.
I thank the trees constantly. I thank them for supporting me as I hike up and down steep hills. I thank them for being beautiful. I thank them for the oxygen. I thank them for being THEM. They are beautiful sources of love.
Keep making these lively posts. I love you, Zoe!
this. i love. so. so. so much. especially "only some people can hear the earth and its beat-but only some people are listening to it."
ReplyDeletelove you Zoe and your wisdom